For the Chocolate Pudding:
- Set the circulator to 181.4°F (83°C).
- Whip egg yolks until frothy and light, about five minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine 2 tablespoons milk with corn starch, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt and mix into a paste.
- Next, add the paste and the remainder of the milk and cream to the whipped egg yolks and mix thoroughly until combined.
- Place the mixture into a sous vide pouch, seal, and cook in the water bath for 60 minutes.
- After cooking, remove the pouch and chill in the refrigerator for four hours.
For the Banana Crème Anglaise:
- Set circulator to 181.4°F (83°C) and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roast the bananas whole, in their skins, in the oven for 20 minutes, then remove and set aside to cool for 10 minutes before peeling.
- Mash the peeled bananas in a bowl until smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the yolk and sugar and mix for a few minutes.
- Stir in the milk, cream, scraped vanilla bean, and salt and whisk for another two minutes.
- Pour the cream mixture and the mashed banana into a sous‑vide pouch and seal.
- Shake the bag gently to fully incorporate the banana into the mix, then cook in the water bath for 20 minutes, shaking the contents halfway through and again at the end.
- Cool in the refrigerator for four hours.
Cut the corner of the bag and squeeze pudding into four serving dishes. Top the pudding with a dollop of the crème anglaise and garnish with fresh berries, if desired.
Developed by the chefs of Cuisine Solutions. Featured in Sous-Vide magazine Fall/Winter 2018.